Visit our official ASA Events page to find out about the next ASA live, classroom training event!
ATC Technical Bulletin
Banners and Flag’s
ASACB is pleased to announce that organizations, such as Akima, LLC (shown right), who have achieved certification to ISO 9001 or AS9100/AS9110/AS9120 and/or accreditation to ASA-100 may purchase banners and flags to display its organizations successful QMS achievement. If you are interested in purchasing one or both item’s please contact Wyndie Meyer.
New Team Members
ASACB has over the past year actively sought competent and experienced personnel to support our programs under ASA/ASACB. We are pleased to announce and introduce you to our new team members.
- Leanne Killmeyer – Aerospace Experienced Auditor AS9100/AS9110/AS9120 and ASA-100 located in South Florida
- Lea Kinney – Aerospace Auditor AS9100/AS9110/AS9120 located in Northern Alabama
- Stan Pryor – Aerospace Experienced Auditor AS9100 & AS9120 located in the United Kingdom
- Valerie Sease – Aerospace Experienced Auditor AS9100, Sales/Business Development and Training located in Northern Alabama
Walter Sam O’Connor, Vice President Technical Services will issue a monthly blog beginning April 2019. Mark your calendar for the third Friday every month for publication of ASACB’s Blog. The first blog topic for 2019 will be “Will A Certified Organization Realize Cost Savings After Achieving QMS Certification."
Congratulations to the following companies for achievement of certification to the Aviation, Space and Defense management system standards:
- Accutech Machine Inc. – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D – Recertification – Salt Lake City, UT
- AECOM Management Services, Inc. – ISO9001:2008 & AS9110B Initial Certification – Redstone Arsenal, AL
- Akima, LLC – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100C & AS9100D Initial Certification – Herndon, VA and USAFA
- APV Manufacturing & Engineering Company – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D –Recertification – Bueno Park, CA
- Aventure International Aviation Services – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B –Initial Certification – Peachtree City, GA
- Braswell Services, LLC – ISO9001:2008 & AS9120B Initial Certification – New Boston, TX
- Cincinnati Thermal Spray –Texas – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D - Initial Certification – Roshoran, TX
- Cincinnati Thermal Spray – South – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D – Recertification - Rocky Point, NC
- EME Incorporated – IS9001:2015 and AS9100D – Initial Certification – Compton, CA
- F & L Machine, Inc. – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B – Recertification – Pacoima, CA
- First Call International – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B - Recertification – Holtom City, TX
- GA Telesis (US & UK) – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B – Recertification – Fort Lauderdale, FL, Leatherhead and Dorset United Kingdom
- Global Aviation Distribution Company – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B Initial Certification – Peachtree Corner, GA
- Gogo Business Aviation LLC – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D – Recertification – Broomfield, CO
- IPD Aerospace, Inc. – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B – Initial Certification – North Hollywood, CA
- Kellstrom Commercial Aerospace, Inc. dba Kellstrom Aerospace – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B – Recertification – Roselle, IL and Miami Lakes, FL
- Patriot Taxiway Industries – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D – Recertification - Lomira, WI
- Stretch Forming Corporation – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D –Recertification – Perris, CA
- S&B Rolling Incorporated, dba S&B Thread Rolling, Inc.– ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D - Recertification – San Fernando, CA
- Tinmar, Inc. – ISO9001:2015 & AS9120B - Recertification – Huntsville, AL
- XSIS Electronics, Inc. – ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D – Recertification – Shawnee, KS
IAQG & AAQG News!
IAQG Annual Meeting News
The International Aerospace Quality Group next
meeting is set for 2019 May 9-16 - Atlanta, Georgia. You
may register and review the published agenda by using the provided link; https://www.sae.org/iaqg/meetings/calendar.htm
Relevant Information Regarding Clarifications
of AS9100D/AS9110C/AS9120B Standards
Certification bodies such as ASACB receive
direction on standard matters several ways. One way is through update releases
of the IAQG OPMT Resolutions Log. This log contains clarifications on
requirements of the standards and/or how a certification body must execute
audits. If you are interested in keeping up to date on these resolutions click
on the following link; https://oasishelp.iaqg.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/iaqgresolutionslog.pdf?1554725044785
Relevant Information from the IAQG
The effort to rewrite the AS9104-1 “Requirements
for Aviation, Space, Defense Quality Management System Certification Programs” was
restarted in mid 2018. ASACB has a representative on this working group. The
goal for the update and with a release date of 2020. This working group is looking to better
clarifying requirements and align with other industry documents such as ISO
17021, IAF MD-1 and MD-5.
ASACB has also joined a workgroup focusing on
“Additive Engineering and Manufacturing” which is a new technology that is taking off within the Aviation, Space
and Defense realm. ASACB is positioning
itself to stay on the forefront of information regarding this new technology.
If you are interested in understanding existing
changes or new projects within the AS9000 sector standards please contact Sam O'Connor, Vice President Technical Services ASA/ASACB or George Ringger, Sr. Accreditation
Manager ASACB for Wyndie Meyer, Accreditation Manager for clarification or concerns.
NextGen OASIS Update
In 2018 OASIS was updated to track “Cause Codes”
for issued non-conformances. The IAQG is requesting all audited organizations
to identify which cause-code is applicable to the issued audit
non-conformances. This information will be complied and used on future
reporting on industry trends. Please note certification bodies have been
instructed not to hold up closure of a non-conformance if the cause code has
not been identified. The accreditation bodies have also stated that they will
not issue non-conformances against a CB’s process for non-conformance closure
if this information is omitted. ASACB will request its certified organizations
to supply this information to ensure data relating to this matter is factual
and brings value to the industry. The following cause code matrix has been
added to the AS9101F NCR form 4.
ASA Partners with Butterfly Training
The Aviation Suppliers Association (ASA) is proud to
announce we have entered into a joint venture with ButterFly Training to create
an online Learning Management System (LMS). The ASA LMS feature will augment and strengthen our live workshops by
offering online training to our industry, members, accredited and certified
organizations. Training is scheduled to be available by our annual conference.
Web-based HAZMAT Training - April 25-26, 2019
ASA has partnered with the Washington Aviation Group to offer Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Training. Registration deadline is April 19th. Please use this link for fees, syllabus, and registration details. If you have any questions pleace contact Katt Brigham via email or 202-628-6777 via telephone.
ASACB Training Announcements
ASACB has created and released a three-day internal
auditing workshop that can be tailored specific to the following standards, ISO
9001:2015, AS9100D, AS9110C, AS9120B. If you are interested in finding out more
information regarding this new workshop please contact Walter Sam O'Connor, Vice President Technical Services and/or George Ringger, Sr. ASACB Accreditation Manager and/or Wyndie Meyer, ASACB Accreditation Manager.
ASA/AFRA 2019 Annual Conference
Annual conference to be held 14-16 July 2019 –
Hotel OMNI Mont Royal, Montreal, Quebec. Please visit our web-site to
register for the annual conference. Early bird registration ends on May
ASACB Townhall Meeting to be held during ASA/AFRA Annual Conference
ASACB will hold a townhall meeting on July 15, 2019
during the afternoon Workshop Sessions at 1:30 p.m. We invite all
organizations that have achieved ISO9001, AS9100, AS9110 or AS9120
certification to attend in order to provide satisfaction feedback regarding
services received in 2018 and up to June 30, 2019. ASACB views all
feedback as a means to promulgate improvement in the level of service we
provide and communicate to existing and new clients going forward. Your
participation will greatly be appreciated. If there are any questions
please contact Walter
ASA Quality Committee Meeting
next QC Meeting will be held July 14, 2019 during the ASA/AFRA Annual Conference. Please use the above link if you are registering for both the Annual Conference AND the QC Meeting. If you are ONLY attending the QC meeting please follow this link to register ONLY for the QC Meeting.