Board of Directors Nominations
- Nomination Period is open and will run through August 1, 2020.
- Election Period for ASA Board of Directors starts on August 5, 2020 and ends August 26, 2020 at 4 pm eastern.
- Three seats are up for election; and the positions are currently held by:
- Lee Kapel, TSI Aviation, Inc.;
- Brent Webb, Aircraft Inventory Management & Services, LTD.; and
- Mitch Weinberg, International Aircraft Associates, Inc.
Any person who works for a regular ASA member, that is in good standing, is eligible to run for an elected Director positions. Each year there is an election for 3 positions. Directors are elected to 3-year terms. The below information regarding live quarterly meetings has been modified for 2020 due to COVID-19. For 2020, all meetings are being held virtually. There are biweekly 30-60 minute meetings and a quarterly official meeting for 3 hours held over 2 days at 90 minutes each day.
For 2021 and 2022, it is anticipated that travel restrictions will allow for quarterly meetings held at various locations, mostly domestic US, but meetings have been held in Canada and Europe. The goal is to hold the meetings in an aerospace hub, near Directors’ facilities, and/or commonly attended industry meetings. All costs associated with attending the quarterly meetings are borne by the Director. There are conference calls throughout the year as needed.
If you are interested in being an ASA Director but want more information about the roles, responsibility, time commitment, etc. the best thing to do is to contact a current Director. Additionally, current Director Mr. Jimmy Wu wrote a LinkedIn article about being a Director; here is the link. Please submit your self-nomination or nomination of a colleague below.