Transitioning to ISO 9001:2015
On September 15, 2015 the new ISO 9001:2015 Quality
Management System standard was released and made available to the general
public. Organizations that are presently
certified to ISO 9001:2008 are required to transition their existing quality
management system to ISO 9001:2015 by September 15, 2018. A three-year transition period has been mandated.The diagram below is a visual representation
of the transition period.
ASACB has created several tools to aid Clients during the transition.Other than the Transition Plan Milestone Form, none of the tools are mandatory, rather they were created to provide assistance where needed.
- ISO 9001:2015 Transition Plan Milestone Form (required for Clients)
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Comparison Chart of Section Numbers Between ISO 9001 2008 to 2015 Revision
- Chart of New Requirements and notes regarding sample objective evidence and guidance to auditors as to areas to audit (fill-able PDF with a column to detail the evidence to support the transition, this column doesn't have to be used but it would help prepare for the audit.)
- Sample of notification letter regarding commitment to transition time frame for AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 Clients
shall require all Clients to complete an ISO 9001:2015 Transition Plan Milestone Form
which will be provided by ASACB upon request or downloaded from our website. The transition plan will allow Clients and
ASA to plan individual transitions for each company in order to insure that no
deadline is missed. If you should have any questions regarding the
transition policy and the expectations of ASACB please call ASA or email Sam
O'Connor, Vice President of Technical Services,.