ASA Member Bulletin - January 2020
- Brexit Webinar – Latest Information on January 30, 2020 at 11 am eastern - Coming down to the wire, in terms of Brexit. This webinar will detail what documentation you should expect after Brexit as well as known issues in the system that the government agencies will need to resolve. The focus is on parts transfer, documentation, certifications and manufacturing approvals. This webinar will not provide the history details of Brexit. We reviewed Brexit in general on a prior Webinar, which is accessible here. Pre-registration for the January 30th Webinar is required. There is no fee to participate for ASA members.
- Does Your Company Sell LLPs? Meeting on February 5th - If yes, you’ll want to participate in this meeting being held on February 5th in Aventura, FL. This workshop is a follow-up discussion to the initial conversation that began at the ASA AFRA 2019 conference. Mitch Weinberg (President of International Aircraft Associates, ASA Director, and workshop moderator) has been working with Chris Markou, Head, Operational Cost Management of IATA to ensure that ASA and the distribution community are able to comment, review and suggest changes to the Guidance Material and Best Practices for Life Limited Parts (LLP) Traceability prior to IATA release. For more information, please contact Gabriell Maupin.
- ASA-100 Revision 5 was released on January 1, 2020 - All ASA-100 audits conducted after July 1, 2020 will be conducted to ASA-100 Rev 5.0 and FAA AC 00-56B. All documents associated with ASA-100 are available on the ASA website.
ASA Government Affairs:
- Implementing the Reduced China Tariffs Read More…
- New Agreement with China – No Relief for Aircraft Parts Read More…
- Changes to US’ China Tariffs, But Little Relief for Aircraft Parts Read More…
- US Government Adds New Self-Disclosure Policy for Export Violations Read More…
ASA On the Road:
- Visit ASA at PBExpo in Ft. Lauderdale, FL | March 18-19, 2020 | Booth #256 - Learn more about ASA’s industry initiatives, audit capabilities, training, and ASA AFRA 20/20 Vision. We are here to serve the members! Jeanne, Kelly & Michele will be available to answer your questions. If you’d like to arrange a special meeting please contact Jeanne or Michele via email or call 202-347-6898.
- ASA Invited to Participate in the 5th Annual Aviation Parts Management Forum in Chengdu, China | March 31 – April 2, 2020 - Mr. Jason Dickstein will be participating in this event on a panel discussion regarding Parts Transactions and Documentation: Latest Global Developments. For additional information about this event, please visit: www.opplandaviation.com/aviati... Mr. Dickstein will be available to ASA Member Companies for private meetings during the Forum. This is a perfect opportunity to discuss a business or regulatory issue with Mr. Dickstein directly and in person. If you are interested in meeting with Mr. Dickstein, please contact Katt Brigham. Ms. Brigham may be reached via phone at +1 (202) 628-6777.
- January 24-25, 2020 – ASA Board of Directors Meeting, Miami, FL
- January 30, 2020 – Brexit – Day Before: Webinar
- February 5, 2020 – ASA Follow-Up Meeting for LLP Documentation Workshop (immediately after Aero-Engine Americas 2020 in FL, not affiliated with Aero Engines) at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa. Registration is required.
- May 6-7, 2020 Online Hazmat Training. For fees and registration information, please click here.
- June 14-16, 2020 - ASA AFRA Vision 20/20, Omni Interlocken Resort, Denver, CO. Registration is open! The Omni Interlocken Resort is taking reservations!
ASA Learning Management System (LMS):
- Available courses are ESD and Self-Audit Training - Introductory courses for ESD and Self-Audit are available on the new ASA LMS. More courses are in the works. ASA has collaborated with Butterfly Training to offer online training to support your company’s training and continued education development needs. We developed these courses specifically for organizations working or supporting aviation distribution, MRO and aviation manufacturing industries.