Visit our official ASA Events page to find out about the next ASA live, classroom training event!
Government Affairs and Legal News!
FAA and ASA Meet to Discuss 8130-3 Options
December 20th, ASA met with FAA Aircraft Certification Director Dorenda
Baker. In addition to ASA staff and FAA staff, the meeting also
included ASA members John Nepola (East Air), Brent Webb (CAVU
Aerospace), Mitch Weinberg (International Aircraft Associates) and Paul
Wolf (Boeing). The topic of discussion was the documentation (8130-3
tag) requirements of the FAA/EASA Maintenance Annex Guidance (MAG). Read More...
New ITAR Export Reporting Requirements Now in Effect
those who may have missed it over the busy holiday season, a new method
for submitting export and temporary import reporting information for
ITAR-controlled articles went into effect as of December 31, 2016. Read more...
Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUPs) Reporting on Form 8120-11
The FAA has republished the Form 8120-11.
This is the form for reporting suspected unapproved parts (SUPs). The
new version of the form was approved by the White House in 2016. Read More...
The following companies have
achieved certification to the Aviation, Space and Defense management system
- A.J. Levin Company, Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C - Burbank, CA
- AI Systems International Corp. - ISO 9001:2008 and
AS9120A - Jamaica, NY
- Accutech Machine
Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C - Salt Lake City, UT
- Aerotech FZE - ISO 9001:2015 - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Aerotechnic U.S.A Inc. - ISO 9001:2015 - Davie, FL
- Aircraft Inventory Management & Services, LTD - ISO
9001:2008 - Dallas, TX
- Altum Aerospace - ISO 9001:2015 - Sunrise, FL
- APOC Aviation - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A -
Delft, The Netherlands
- Arrow Dynamics, LLC - ISO 9001:2008 - Sunrise, FL
- Avair Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Chandler, AZ
- CD Aviation Services - ISO 9001:2008 - Joplin, MO
- Continental Machine Tool Co. Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C - New Britain, CT
Delta Material Services
- ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Atlanta, GA-Two locations
- First Call International
- ISO 9001:2008
and AS9120A - Fort Worth, TX
- GA Telesis Components Repair Group LLC - Certification for ISO 9001:2008 and AS9110B - Miami, FL
- GA Telesis Composites Repair Group LLC - Certification transfer to ASACB for ISO 9001:2008 and AS9110B - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- GA Telesis LLC -
ISO 9001:2008 and AS9110B - Fort Lauderdale, FL & Hialeah, FL
- GA Telesis (U.K.) Ltd - ISO 9001:2008
and AS9120A - Dorsett, United Kingdom
- GECAS Asset Management Services - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Memphis, TN & Greenwood, MS
- Global Airtech - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Van Nuys, CA
- Hansair Logistics - ISO 9001:2008 and
AS9120A - Lake Forest, CA
- Harper Engineering - ISO 9001:2008 and
AS9100C - Renton, WA
- Hi-Tech Bangla,
Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Irving,
- Infinity Air, Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Tarzana, CA; Doral, FL & Seattle,
AirWerks, LLC - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9110B - Arkansas City, KS
- Kellstrom Materials - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - Roselle,
Engineering - ISO 9001:2008 and
AS9120A - Chatsworth, CA
- Magnum AirDynamics, Inc.- ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - Miami
Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 - Miami, FL
Taxiway Industries - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9100C - Lomira,
- Powerturbine, Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 - Mira Loma, CA
- Prime Air , LLC - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - Skokie,
IL & Miami, FL
- Professional Aviation Associates - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Forest Park, GA
- Seal Dynamics LLC - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9100C - Tampa,
- Sky Mart Sales -
ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Miami, FL
- Solair Group LLC
- ISO 9001:2008 and
AS9100C - Miami,
- Sound Aviation Corporation - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - Rockwood,
- Stretch Forming Corporation - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9100C - Perris,
- Taurus Corporation
- ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Diamond Bar, CA
- The Coordinated Companies - Re-certified to
ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C - Wilmington,
CA; Huntington Beach, CA; National City, CA; Ventura, CA and San Leandra,
- Tinmar Inc. - ISO 9001:2008
and AS9100C - Huntsville, AL
- Transworld Aviation FZE - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120A - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Transworld Aviation USA - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - Morrisville,
- Trust One Components - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - San
- Universal Turbine Parts - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9120A - Prattville,
- US Turbine Accessory LLC - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100B - Taylor, MI
- XSIS Electronics - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C
- Shawnee, KS
- Yulista Aviation Inc. - ISO
9001:2008 and AS9100C - Huntsville,
- Yulista Integrated Solutions, Inc. - ISO 9001:2008 and AS9110B - Huntsville, AL
- Yulista Tactical Services LLC - ISO 9001:2008 and
AS9100C - Huntsville, AL-Two
ASACB Training Announcements
ASACB will be hosting its first technical webinar
on March 29, 2017 on the topic of "Product Safety as it relates to the
AS9100D and AS9110C." Webinar registration information is available on our
website at www.aviationsuppliers.org/Workshops.
As an introductory service, this first Webinar is being offered free to ASA
Members, ASA-100 and ASACB clients.
ASACB will be offering additional workshops in the
upcoming months. Stay tuned for announcements on the following Training
- AS9120B Transition
second quarter in the Dallas, TX area.
- AS9120B Transition
third quarter in the Chicago, IL area.
- AS9100D second
quarter location to be announced.
- AS9110C second
quarter location to be announced.
Amazing Introductory Promotional Offer for New ASACB Clients
ASA is pleased to announce an amazing offer to new
ASACB clients. Any organization that attends an ASA ISO or AS Standards
Workshop and subsequently contracts with ASACB for certification services will
receive a discount on those services (limitations apply, see below). Which
incredible offer will you choose?
- Contract with
ASACB within 7 days of attending the workshop - receive a 10% discount on
audit day rate.
- Contract with
ASACB after 7 days of attending the workshop - receive a 5% discount on
audit day rate.
Discounts apply to the 1st year of services and
are only offered to new clients who are seeking ISO 9001, AS9100/AS9110/AS9120
initial certification services through ASACB. The discount does not apply to
audit travel or fee expenses. Days are counted as calendar days. For questions
and additional information, please contact Sam O'Connor.
There are only 18 months remaining
for the transition to the new ISO 9001/AS9100/AS9110/AS9120 standards.
Organizations that are AS9100/AS9110/AS9120 and waiting on release of the new
revisions should already have or are in process of implementing the
ISO9001:2015 standards new requirements. ISO 9001:20015 is the base standard
for all the newly revised and pending release AS series standards. This will
aid in getting your organization prepared to achieve the transition deadline of
September 15, 2018 for AS9100/AS9110/AS9120.
If you should have any questions please
O'Connor, Vice President Technical Services
ASA/ASACB or George
Ringger, Accreditation Manager ASACB for
clarification or concerns.
Other Standard Updates
IAQG's series of free webinars have been offered
to stakeholders to help users understand the standard changes and intent. While
this last webinar is full, it will be made available as a PDF file after the
date of the Webinar presentation at which time stakeholders may view at their
leisure. We have included the date and Webinar ID for your reference.
March 30, 2017: 9-11am US Eastern (-5 GMT), this
webinar is now full. Recorded training file will be available post noted date.
ASACB Transition Timetable
ASACB has successfully
transitioned its AQMS accreditation on February 27, 2017 through the ANSI-ASQ
National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to include certification services for
AS9100D. ASACB is presently in the process of being approved to offer
certification services for AS9110C and AS9120B no later than June 15, 2017.
Misrepresentation of Membership
The below company is no longer a current member of ASA and is illegally referencing ASA membership including a link to an ASA Member Certificate on their website.
- Abad Air, Inc. - New Delhi, India
The below company is not a member of ASA and is illegally using the ASA Member Logo in their email signature line.
- Andrew Higginbotham at Aerospace
ASA Invited to 2ndAnnual Parts Support & Supply Chain Management Forum, in Shanghai, China | 23-24 March 2017
Mr. Jason Dickstein will be participating in this event on a panel discussion regarding OEM Parts.For additional information about this event, please visit: www.opplandaviation.com/aviation-parts
Mr. Dickstein is happy to make himself available to ASA Member Companies for private meetings during the Forum. This is a perfect opportunity to discuss a business or regulatory issue with Mr. Dickstein directly and in person. If you are interested in meeting with Mr. Dickstein, please contact Katt Brigham at email@example.com. Ms. Brigham may also be reached via phone at +1 (202) 628-6777.
Visit ASA at MRO Booth #4123 | April 25-27 | Orlando, FL
Is ISO 9001, AS 9100 Series Certification or ASA-100 Accreditation in your future? ASA can help walk you through the maze to get there. Want to discuss ASA's Appeal to Argue 8130s or any other ASA government affairs initiatives? Looking to engage in one of the industry's premier supplier events being held in Reston, VA this July? Visit with Michele, Jeanne, Jason, Sam or Kelly at ASA's Booth #4123 for answers! If you have a specific question and want to set up a meeting email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, just come on by and just say Hi! We look forward to seeing you there!!
2017 Calendar @ A Glance!!